Joined
Jul 1, 2026
Messages
5
Reaction score
71
Hi everyone,

I have a small network of experienced IT professionals who are currently looking for project-based work rather than full-time jobs.

I’m interested in finding reliable sources where we can connect with businesses or clients who need help with software development, web projects, maintenance, or other IT-related work.

If you know of any platforms, communities, agencies, or other ways to find genuine IT projects, I’d really appreciate your suggestions.

Also open to hearing about your personal experiences with any platforms that have worked well for you.

Thanks in advance!
 
Upwork and Freelancer are probably worth checking first. There are also quite a few smaller communities where businesses post project-based requirements directly.
 
Hey, if your team already has solid experience, I’d look beyond the usual freelance marketplaces. LinkedIn outreach, startup communities, and agency partnerships can bring in better long-term project work.
 
You can try Upwork. There are many software and web development projects posted there.
 
I’ve had decent results with Upwork for smaller development projects. The competition can be high, but having a strong profile and a few good case studies makes a noticeable difference.
 
You could also approach web and digital agencies directly. A lot of agencies get more development work than they can handle and outsource parts of projects to reliable IT teams.
 
I’d start with Upwork and LinkedIn. Upwork is useful for finding active requirements, while LinkedIn is better for building direct relationships with companies.
 
Another thing to consider is recurring maintenance. A development project might only last a few weeks, but the client may need someone afterward for updates, monitoring, bug fixes and small changes.
 
I’d check Upwork first, but also spend time on LinkedIn. Direct client relationships can be much more valuable than constantly bidding on projects
 
Back
Top