I’d probably test the market privately before committing to a particular marketplace. You might find a buyer through your own network who is willing to negotiate directly.
 
The niche matters a lot for valuation. A site in a competitive niche with strong commercial intent may attract more buyers than a site with similar traffic but weaker monetization.
 
I’d make the sales post as transparent as possible. Include the good numbers, but also mention any risks, dependencies, or areas that need improvement.
 
If the site is genuinely low maintenance, that could be a strong selling point for someone looking for a side project. I’d explain exactly how many hours per month are currently required.
 
Don’t forget to show where the traffic comes from. Organic traffic from established search rankings is very different from temporary traffic from social media or paid campaigns.
 
I’d probably get several opinions on valuation rather than relying on one number. Different buyers can value the same site very differently depending on what they plan to do with it.
 
If the revenue is relatively consistent, I’d use that as the foundation for the asking price and then adjust based on traffic trends, niche quality, backlinks, content, and growth opportunities.
 
Sounds like a potentially interesting site. I’d focus on proving the traffic and income as much as possible, being transparent about the documentation limitations, and finding a buyer who understands the value of an established SEO asset.
 
I’d definitely show the traffic history. Three years of consistent organic growth is more convincing than simply saying the site is established.
 
I’ve seen a site with only moderate traffic sell surprisingly well because the traffic was highly targeted. It reminded me that 1,000 relevant visitors can sometimes be more valuable than 10,000 random ones.
 
Someone I know sold an SEO site privately because it didn’t fit the requirements of the big marketplaces. He focused on finding buyers who understood SEO, and eventually found someone who appreciated the existing rankings.
 
A friend once received a low offer and immediately rejected it. Later he realized the buyer was actually close to his target price and simply expected some negotiation. Sometimes the first offer is the beginning of the conversation, not the final answer.
 
Someone I know sold his site directly to a competitor in the same niche. The buyer understood the market immediately and valued the existing traffic much more than a general website investor would have.
 
Back
Top