I've found that readers appreciate hearing both the pros and the cons of a product. Honest reviews have consistently converted better than overly positive ones.
 
Thanks for starting this discussion. It's always interesting to see what programs are working well for different niches because there's no single answer that fits everyone.
 
If I could give one piece of advice, it would be this: choose affiliate programs that genuinely help your audience. When people trust your recommendations, commissions become a natural result instead of something you have to force.
 
Canva has converted surprisingly well for my audience of small business owners and content creators.
Canva is an interesting one. I’ve seen it mentioned quite a bit, but I haven’t looked closely at how well it converts for different audiences. The small business and creator angle makes sense though. Thanks for sharing your experience.
Kit has been a great recurring income source for my newsletter audience.
Good to know about Kit, especially since you’re seeing recurring income from it. Recurring commissions are definitely something I’m interested in comparing when looking at different programs.
My advice is to choose products you actually use. It makes creating content much easier.
I agree with this. Promoting something you already use makes the content feel much more natural. It’s also easier to explain the actual benefits and limitations instead of just repeating the information from the affiliate program.
I promote Grammarly because I genuinely use it every day. Authentic recommendations always convert better.
That’s a good example of what I was hoping people would share. If you’re using Grammarly every day, you can speak about it from actual experience rather than just promoting it because there’s a commission attached. I think that makes a big difference.
Awin has some excellent merchants if you're in the retail or lifestyle niche.
Awin is one I’ve come across before but haven’t explored deeply. The range of merchants sounds useful for retail and lifestyle sites, so I’ll definitely add it to my list to research. Appreciate the suggestion.
I've had good success with Shopify because many of my readers are interested in starting online stores.
Shopify makes sense for that audience. If readers are already interested in starting online stores, the affiliate offer is naturally connected to what they're looking for. That seems like a much better fit than trying to promote something unrelated just because the commission looks attractive.
 
Great thread! I'm bookmarking the comments because there are several programs here I haven't looked into yet.
Thanks! There are definitely quite a few interesting suggestions in the thread. I’ve also bookmarked a couple of programs mentioned here that I hadn’t considered before. It’s been useful seeing what people are actually using rather than just reading affiliate program lists.
One affiliate program that's consistently worked well for me is Semrush. I've been promoting it through SEO tutorials and blog posts for almost three years. The commission isn't the only reason I like it—the product genuinely solves problems for my audience, which makes recommending it feel natural.
Semrush is an interesting one, especially since you’ve been promoting it for almost three years. I agree that having a product that naturally fits the content makes promotion much easier. SEO tutorials seem like a particularly relevant place for it.
I started with Amazon Associates because everyone told me it was beginner-friendly. While the commission rates are lower than many other programs, the trust people already have in Amazon helped me generate my first affiliate income. It gave me the confidence to keep going.
That’s a useful perspective. Sometimes the first goal is simply getting that first commission and learning how the process works. Amazon’s familiarity probably does help with that, even if the commission structure isn't as attractive as some other programs.

​

Kit has become one of my favorite affiliate programs. Since many of my readers are bloggers and creators looking to build email lists, it fits perfectly with my content. The recurring commissions have been much more valuable than one-time payouts.
Kit seems to be coming up quite a lot in this discussion, and the recurring commission is definitely interesting. Your point about matching it to an audience of bloggers and creators makes sense too. The audience fit seems to matter just as much as the payout.
My affiliate strategy became much simpler once I stopped chasing every new program and focused on serving my audience first.
I really like that approach. It’s easy to get distracted by every new program with a higher commission, but if it doesn’t fit the audience, it probably won’t perform well anyway. Serving the audience first seems much more sustainable.
 
Back
Top