For a smaller business, I think a good freelancer can handle this quite well. The important part is having a clear process for monitoring, responding, reporting, and escalating serious issues.
 
One thing I’ve realized is that a few customer reviews can have a surprisingly big impact on how people perceive a business.

We’re currently looking for someone who can help us actively manage our online reputation, mainly across Google and Trustpilot. Before jumping into hiring someone, I thought I’d ask here and see how others are handling this.

More Than Just Replying to Reviews​

The main requirement isn’t simply responding whenever a new review appears.

We’re looking for someone who can take a broader view, including:
  • Monitoring new reviews and customer feedback
  • Tracking positive and negative feedback trends
  • Writing thoughtful and professional responses
  • Identifying recurring customer concerns
  • Highlighting potential reputation issues early
  • Helping improve overall customer sentiment
  • Creating a practical reputation management strategy

Looking for Real Experience​

I’d prefer someone who has actually managed online reviews for businesses rather than someone who has only used these platforms occasionally.

If you’ve worked with Google Business reviews or Trustpilot before, I’d be interested in hearing about your process and what you learned along the way.

Ideally, This Would Be Ongoing​

We’re looking for someone who can provide consistent, long-term support rather than handle the reviews for a few weeks and disappear.

The exact workflow is still open — it could involve regular monitoring, review responses, reporting, and strategy recommendations depending on what makes the most sense.

What Would You Do?​

For those here who have dealt with online reputation management:

Would you hire a freelancer, a specialized reputation management company, or manage it internally?

And more importantly, what’s one reputation management strategy you’ve found that actually worked instead of just sounding good on paper?

Would love to hear how others are approaching this.
Yes, i am willing to do trustpilot management..
 
If I were hiring someone, I’d look for a person who understands both customer service and reputation management. I wouldn't want someone who simply copies the same response under every review.

They should monitor Google and Trustpilot, identify patterns, respond professionally, and report recurring issues to the business. If negative feedback keeps mentioning the same problem, that information should go back to the team so the actual problem can be fixed.

For a smaller review volume, I’d probably start with an experienced freelancer. If the number of reviews becomes difficult to manage, then I’d consider a specialist agency.
 
Back
Top