I tried domain flipping years ago and bought way too many names. 😂 My biggest lesson was to research first and buy later.
 
I bought a domain once because I thought the name sounded cool. Nobody wanted it! 😄 Now I always think about who the potential buyer would be.
 
When I started, I thought short domains automatically meant valuable domains. After a few bad purchases, I realized the name also needs a useful business angle.
 
I remember finding a domain that looked perfect for a small business. I grabbed it cheaply and eventually sold it for a nice profit. That one sale got me interested in domain flipping, but it also taught me that patience is part of the game.
 
My first few domains didn’t sell at all. 😂 I was expecting quick money, but domain flipping definitely taught me patience.
 
I once bought a bunch of trendy names because I thought they would become popular. Most never went anywhere. These days, I prefer names that have a clear use rather than names based purely on hype.
 
I think it can still work, but finding good names is getting harder.
 
One thing I learned is that a domain can look valuable to you and completely useless to someone else. I now try to imagine the business that would actually buy it before spending money.
 
I’d be careful with renewal fees. A cheap domain isn’t really cheap if you keep renewing a whole pile of them. 😅
 
I once forgot about a domain renewal and lost the name. That was an expensive little lesson! Now I keep much better track of my domains.
 
Yes, I think there’s still an opportunity if you know what to look for.
 
One thing I’d recommend is setting a budget before starting. It’s very easy to keep buying “one more domain” and suddenly have a much bigger portfolio than you planned.
 
Check whether the name sounds good when spoken out loud. Sometimes a domain looks great on a screen but sounds terrible when you say it.
 
Back
Top