Congratulations! I think the most valuable part of your story is that you didn't hide the failures. So many people only talk about their wins, which gives beginners unrealistic expectations. I also wasted money trying different "easy money" methods before realizing that building one real skill is the better long-term strategy. Thanks for sharing such an honest experience.
 
Getting the first review is honestly harder than earning the first $100. Once someone takes a chance on you and leaves positive feedback, other buyers become much more confident. It's amazing how much difference one five-star review can make.
 
My first online income came from editing YouTube videos. The pay wasn't great in the beginning, but every project helped me improve my editing skills. Eventually I started charging more because I had a portfolio and positive feedback. Your story reminds me that almost every freelancer starts small.
 
My first $100 online came from freelance writing as well, although I found my clients through Facebook groups instead of Fiverr. The first client was by far the hardest to get. After I had a few testimonials, everything became much easier. Reviews really are like online currency because they help people trust you before you've even spoken to them.
 
Back
Top