q
If you had to start from scratch today no audience, no website, no clients, and no existing income how would you build an online income?

There are more ways than ever to make money online, but not every method is worth your time. Some people recommend freelancing, while others swear by affiliate marketing, blogging, YouTube, eCommerce, selling digital products, or even building a small SaaS business.

If you could only choose one path, what would it be, and why?

Here are a few questions to get the discussion started:
  • Which online business model would you choose first?
  • How much money would you invest to get started?
  • What skills would you focus on learning?
  • How long do you think it would take to earn your first $1,000?
  • What mistakes would you avoid if you were starting over today?
  • Which tools, platforms, or resources would you recommend to beginners?
Whether you're already earning online or you're just getting started, share your experience. Your advice could help someone avoid common mistakes and choose a smarter path.

Let's hear your strategy if you had to start over today, how would you make money online?hm
Hmm thats a great pick for me today..
 
If I had to start over with zero experience, I'd learn WordPress, basic SEO, and copywriting. Those three skills open up so many opportunities online, from freelancing to building your own websites.
 
If I had to start over today, I wouldn't spend months looking for the "perfect" business model. I'd learn a skill that businesses are already paying for, like web design, SEO, or content writing. Getting your first paying client is much easier than trying to build passive income from day one. Once I had a steady income from freelancing, I'd invest part of that money into building my own website and creating long-term income streams.
 
My biggest mistake when I first started was jumping from one opportunity to another. One month I was trying affiliate marketing, then dropshipping, then crypto, then YouTube. Looking back, I should have picked one thing and stuck with it for at least a year. If I started over, I'd choose blogging combined with SEO and stay focused until I saw results.
 
I would definitely build a personal brand from day one. Whether it's LinkedIn, X, YouTube, or even a blog, people trust individuals more than random websites. Sharing what you're learning, your successes, and even your failures can attract clients and opportunities over time.
 
Freelancing would still be my first choice because it's one of the fastest ways to earn online. You don't need thousands of visitors or expensive tools. You just need one client who values your work. Once I reached a comfortable monthly income, I'd slowly transition into selling digital products.
 
If someone gave me $1,000 to restart, I'd spend very little on software. I'd buy a domain, hosting, maybe a good course, and keep the rest as a safety net. Too many beginners waste money on tools they don't even know how to use.
 
I think learning SEO would still be one of the best investments. Paid ads stop working when you stop paying, but good SEO content can generate traffic for years. It requires patience, but I like businesses that continue working even while I'm sleeping.
 
The first thing I'd stop doing is comparing myself to people making six figures online. Most successful creators don't show how many years they struggled before becoming successful. I'd focus on improving just a little every day instead of chasing someone else's results.
 
I'd choose YouTube over blogging if I had to start today. Video content seems to build trust much faster. Even if monetization takes time, there are opportunities through sponsorships, affiliate links, and selling your own products.
 
One lesson I've learned is that making your first $100 online is much harder than making your second $1,000. Once you understand how customers find you and why they buy, everything starts making more sense.
 
If I could go back, I'd start building an email list immediately. Social media platforms can reduce your reach overnight, but an email list is something you own. That's one of the biggest lessons I wish I had learned earlier.
 
I wouldn't waste time trying every AI tool that gets popular. AI is useful, but it's only a tool. Without marketing skills, communication skills, or a valuable service, AI alone won't build a business.
 
I'd learn copywriting before almost anything else. Every online business depends on convincing people to take action. Whether you're writing sales pages, emails, product descriptions, or advertisements, good writing is always valuable.
 
Passive income sounds amazing, but people rarely mention how much active work comes first. Building a website, creating content, and earning trust can take months or even years. I'd go into it expecting a marathon rather than a sprint.
 
Back
Top