- Jul 1, 2026
- 151
- 44
I would try freelance marketplaces again, but this time focus on one specific service. A profile saying “I do everything” can be harder to sell than a profile offering one clear service.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
That’s reassuring to hear. I think focusing on one direction instead of constantly switching could help me make better progress.I’ve been in a similar situation before, where I kept jumping from one online opportunity to another because I needed money quickly. Eventually, I realized that constantly starting over was actually slowing me down. I picked one skill, focused on improving it and started taking smaller jobs. The income wasn't impressive in the beginning, but it gave me momentum. Hopefully you can find something similar that works for you.
That’s a really useful perspective. I hadn’t thought about using AI as part of my design workflow rather than simply seeing it as competition.I’d suggest looking beyond the usual “make money online” opportunities. There are legitimate remote jobs involving customer support, virtual assistance, content moderation, data-related tasks, research, transcription and other basic work. They may not sound exciting, but if your immediate goal is stable income, they could give you some breathing room while you work on something bigger.
That makes a lot of sense. Having a short-term income goal and a separate long-term learning goal could make things feel more manageable.Don’t give up on yourself. You’ve already tried several things, which means you’re willing to work. The problem may not be your ability but the lack of focus on one direction for long enough. Pick something with real demand, spend the next few months getting genuinely good at it, and start looking for clients while learning. You don't need to become an expert before getting your first small job.
Very good advice. I’ll definitely be careful with anything promising guaranteed income or asking for money upfront.Your graphic design experience isn't useless because of AI. In fact, businesses still need people who understand branding, layouts, advertising and what actually looks good. Instead of competing with AI on basic designs, perhaps specialize in something where your judgment matters—social media content packages, ad creatives, brand identity, YouTube thumbnails or marketing graphics. AI can become part of your workflow rather than your replacement.
I like that idea. Combining my existing skills could be a better option than starting completely from zero again.I can relate to the feeling of trying many things online and not seeing results. It can make you feel like nothing works, but sometimes the problem is simply that you haven't stayed with one direction long enough to reach the point where it starts producing results. Give yourself a defined period—maybe 60 or 90 days—to focus on one realistic path. Track what you're doing every week and adjust based on actual results.
Those are useful suggestions. Services that businesses already need could be a more realistic starting point for immediate income.Your situation sounds difficult, but I don't think it is hopeless at all. Thirty is still young, and you've already developed several useful skills. Instead of thinking “I failed at YouTube, design and other skills,” think of it as having tested different paths and learned what didn't work for you. Now you have more information than someone starting from zero. Use that experience to make your next move more focused.
yeaI would seriously consider remote customer support or virtual assistant work if you need something more predictable in the short term. It may not be your dream career, but there’s nothing wrong with using a stable job as a stepping stone. You can work during the day and continue developing your preferred skill in your free time. Financial stability can make it much easier to think clearly about your long-term plans.
yesHave you considered offering graphic design specifically to small local businesses? Restaurants, gyms, salons, clothing stores, real estate agents and local shops often need social media posts, banners, menus and promotional creatives. You don't necessarily need huge international clients. A few small recurring clients can sometimes provide more stability than constantly searching for one-off freelance projects.
That’s actually something I should explore. Local businesses might be easier to approach than competing for large international clients.I think you should keep your options open, but don't chase every opportunity you see. That was one of my biggest mistakes when trying to make money online. Every new method looked promising, so I kept switching before anything had time to work. Make a shortlist of two or three realistic options, research them properly, and choose one to focus on for the next few months.
I think that’s probably one of the biggest lessons I need to take away from my past attempts. I need fewer options and more focus. I appreciate you sharing that experience. Taking things one step at a time feels much more realistic than trying to solve everything at once.Your post honestly reminded me of a difficult period in my own life. I tried different things, made mistakes and felt like everyone else was moving ahead while I was stuck. What finally helped was lowering the pressure to find the perfect opportunity and focusing on one small step at a time. Find something legitimate that can bring in some income, keep improving your existing skills, and don't be afraid to change your approach. Sometimes progress starts very quietly.