- Jul 1, 2026
- 4
- 35
It’s been a month since I started documenting my online income journey, so I thought it was time for my first proper update.
When I started this challenge, my main goal was to stop jumping between different ideas and actually give a few strategies enough time to see whether they could work.
Here’s my current snapshot:
The biggest positive this month was focusing on a smaller number of activities instead of trying everything at once.
I spent more time creating useful content, promoting it through social media, and testing a few affiliate offers. Some posts brought surprisingly good traffic, while others barely got any attention.
I also noticed that consistent posting worked better for me than creating something once and then forgetting about it.
One thing I learned quickly is that not every traffic source is worth the time.
I spent several hours experimenting with paid promotions, but the return wasn't impressive. I also wasted some time jumping between different affiliate programs instead of properly understanding the ones I had already joined.
That’s something I definitely want to avoid in Month 2.
The biggest lesson for me was simple:
Consistency is much harder — and probably more important — than finding the “perfect” strategy.
There are plenty of methods online that look easy from the outside. Actually doing the work consistently is a completely different story.
I also realized that small results become more useful when you track them. Even a few dollars earned from an experiment can tell you something about what is working.
For the next 30 days, I’m going to focus more on content creation, affiliate marketing, and improving the traffic I’m already getting.
I’ll reduce the time I spend jumping between new platforms and random ideas.
My Month 2 target is $180 in income.
It may still be a long way from $10,000, but the goal is to keep improving month after month rather than expecting everything to happen immediately.
I'll be back with another update next month, including the numbers, experiments, wins, and failures.
If you're also building an online income stream, what was the biggest lesson you learned during your first month?
When I started this challenge, my main goal was to stop jumping between different ideas and actually give a few strategies enough time to see whether they could work.
Where I Stand After Month 1
Here’s my current snapshot:- Total income: $102
- Total expenses: $26
- Profit: $76
- Hours invested: Around 75 hours
- Main income source: Freelance digital marketing and affiliate commissions
What Worked
The biggest positive this month was focusing on a smaller number of activities instead of trying everything at once.I spent more time creating useful content, promoting it through social media, and testing a few affiliate offers. Some posts brought surprisingly good traffic, while others barely got any attention.
I also noticed that consistent posting worked better for me than creating something once and then forgetting about it.
What Didn’t Work
One thing I learned quickly is that not every traffic source is worth the time.I spent several hours experimenting with paid promotions, but the return wasn't impressive. I also wasted some time jumping between different affiliate programs instead of properly understanding the ones I had already joined.
That’s something I definitely want to avoid in Month 2.
Biggest Lesson From Month 1
The biggest lesson for me was simple:Consistency is much harder — and probably more important — than finding the “perfect” strategy.
There are plenty of methods online that look easy from the outside. Actually doing the work consistently is a completely different story.
I also realized that small results become more useful when you track them. Even a few dollars earned from an experiment can tell you something about what is working.
What I’m Changing in Month 2
For the next 30 days, I’m going to focus more on content creation, affiliate marketing, and improving the traffic I’m already getting.I’ll reduce the time I spend jumping between new platforms and random ideas.
My Month 2 target is $180 in income.
It may still be a long way from $10,000, but the goal is to keep improving month after month rather than expecting everything to happen immediately.
I'll be back with another update next month, including the numbers, experiments, wins, and failures.
If you're also building an online income stream, what was the biggest lesson you learned during your first month?