- Jul 1, 2026
- 5
- 92
It’s been a little while since I shared my affiliate website plan, so I wanted to post a quick update on what I’ve been working on.
The biggest thing I’ve realized so far is that building the website is easier than deciding what NOT to work on. There are so many keywords and content ideas that it’s easy to get distracted.
I also want to start monitoring Google Search Console once enough pages are indexed. At this stage, I’m more interested in learning what Google and visitors respond to than expecting quick traffic or earnings.
I’ll share another update once I have some actual data to compare.
For those already building affiliate sites, what did you focus on during your first few months?
The biggest thing I’ve realized so far is that building the website is easier than deciding what NOT to work on. There are so many keywords and content ideas that it’s easy to get distracted.
What I’ve Done So Far
I’ve mainly focused on:- Finalizing the niche and website structure
- Researching long-tail keywords
- Creating a list of content topics
- Checking what competitors are covering
- Planning content around different search intents
- Setting up the basic site structure and important pages
What I’m Focusing On Next
My next step is getting the initial content published and properly connected through internal links.I also want to start monitoring Google Search Console once enough pages are indexed. At this stage, I’m more interested in learning what Google and visitors respond to than expecting quick traffic or earnings.
I’ll share another update once I have some actual data to compare.
For those already building affiliate sites, what did you focus on during your first few months?