- Jul 1, 2026
- 4
- 31
My First Experiments Are Starting to Show Some Patterns
After sharing the beginning of my social media income journey, I’ve spent some time actually testing different approaches rather than just planning what I want to do.It’s still early, but I’m starting to notice a few interesting patterns.
One thing I’ve quickly realized is that creating content consistently is only part of the process. The bigger challenge is understanding what makes people stop scrolling, interact with a post, and eventually come back for more.
Testing Different Types of Content
I’ve been experimenting with different formats instead of relying on one type of post.Some posts are more informational, while others are shorter and more focused on starting a conversation. I’ve also been testing different ways of presenting the same type of idea.
The results have been mixed.
A post that I thought would perform well sometimes gets very little attention, while something I created fairly quickly can receive much more engagement than expected.
That has probably been one of the most useful lessons so far.
You can make assumptions about what people will like, but the actual response can be completely different.
Engagement Matters More Than I Expected
Initially, I was paying a lot of attention to how many people viewed a post.Now I’m starting to look beyond simple view numbers.
Comments, shares, saves, profile visits, and conversations seem much more useful for understanding whether people are actually interested in what I’m posting.
A post with fewer views but meaningful interaction can sometimes tell me more than a post that gets a lot of impressions and almost no response.
So I’m trying to focus more on quality engagement rather than chasing numbers.
Some Experiments Didn't Work
Of course, not everything has worked.There have been posts that received almost no engagement despite spending quite a bit of time creating them.
At first, it’s easy to feel like the effort was wasted.
But I’m beginning to look at unsuccessful posts differently.
If something doesn't work, I can ask why.
Was the topic not interesting?
Was the opening too weak?
Was the post too long?
Was the timing wrong?
Or was the content simply not useful enough?
Those questions make the failed experiments valuable instead of simply disappointing.
I'm Trying to Understand What People Actually Want
Another thing I’m learning is that building an audience isn't just about talking about what I personally find interesting.There needs to be some reason for someone else to care.
That could mean solving a small problem, sharing something useful, explaining something clearly, or simply creating a post that encourages people to participate in a conversation.
I’m still figuring out the balance.
But the more I experiment, the easier it becomes to recognize which ideas are worth developing further.
The Income Part Is Still a Work in Progress
I also want to be realistic about the income side of this journey.I’m not expecting social media to suddenly start generating significant money after a few posts.
Right now, I’m treating the process as a learning phase.
The priority is building consistency, understanding the platforms, developing content that people actually want to consume, and identifying which methods could eventually become sustainable sources of income.
Once I understand what works, I can start putting more effort into the methods that have the best potential.
What I'm Changing Going Forward
Based on the first experiments, I’m going to spend less time trying to make every post perfect and more time testing ideas consistently.I also want to keep better track of the results instead of relying on memory.
That means paying attention to which topics perform well, which formats get reactions, and which types of posts lead to actual conversations or profile activity.
Over time, I should have enough information to see some clear patterns.
Still Very Early, But I'm Enjoying the Process
I’m still nowhere near having everything figured out.There’s a lot more experimenting to do, and I’m sure plenty more posts will completely flop.
But that’s actually part of what makes this interesting.
Instead of trying to pretend I already know the perfect strategy, I’d rather document what happens as I test different ideas and learn from the results.
For the next update, I’m hoping to share some more concrete numbers and talk about which experiments are starting to show the most potential.
The journey is still in the early stages, but at least now I have some real data to work with.