Patience matters in domain investing. I've had domains sit for years before finally finding the right buyer.
 
Some names are investors' domains. Others are end-user domains. The strategy is different for each.
 
Maybe your best buyer isn't another investor. It could be a business planning its next launch.
 
Honestly, I'd love to see a few examples. It's much easier to give useful advice when people can actually evaluate the names instead of guessing.
 
I sold a gambling-related domain a couple of years ago, and the buyer came through direct outreach—not a marketplace. That experience completely changed how I approach selling niche domains.
 
If the domains have any existing type-in traffic or revenue, make sure you mention those numbers. Real data is much more convincing than simply saying a domain is old.
Most of them are .com, but I’ll review the extensions individually as well.
Have you had anyone review the domains objectively? Sometimes we become attached to names because we've owned them for years. I'd post a few examples here (if forum rules allow) and let experienced members give you honest feedback on pricing and quality.
That’s a fair point. Getting honest opinions on a few names could help me understand their real value.
One thing I learned after years of buying and selling domains is that good pricing matters more than people think. If your expectations are based mainly on domain age, they may simply be too high. Look at comparable sales instead of registration date when deciding on a price.
I agree. I probably need to compare my prices with actual sales rather than focusing on age.
Instead of relying only on marketplaces, build a list of potential end users. Casino review sites, betting affiliates, gaming software companies, and crypto casinos might all be relevant depending on the names. Personalized outreach can make a huge difference.
I hadn’t looked at traffic closely enough. I’ll check the existing data for each domain.
I wouldn't get discouraged by having no inquiries yet. Domain sales often take months or even years. Some of my best sales came after domains sat untouched for a very long time. Patience is part of this business.
Thanks, that gives me a useful direction. I’ll try building a list of relevant end users.
Sometimes presentation makes a difference. Instead of a basic marketplace listing, create a simple landing page explaining why the domain is valuable, include traffic statistics if available, and make it easy for buyers to contact you directly.
That’s something I definitely need to verify. I’ll check the older history and backlinks carefully.
If you're comfortable sharing a few domain names, I'm sure people here could give you much more specific advice. It's difficult to know whether the issue is marketing, pricing, or simply the quality of the domains.
Good suggestion. I’ll rank the portfolio and focus my effort on the strongest names first.
Consider contacting companies that recently raised funding or launched new casino products. New businesses are often more willing to invest in a strong domain than established brands that already have their identity.
I agree. Recent completed sales should give me a better pricing reference.
Are all of your domains .com? Extension matters quite a bit in this niche. Premium .com names generally attract much stronger demand than most alternative extensions, even if they're the same age.
Personalizing the outreach makes sense. I’ll avoid sending the same message to everyone.
 
Back
Top