Joined
Jun 24, 2026
Messages
14
Reaction score
191
It has been a little while since I shared the beginning of this project, so I thought it was time for the second update.

The first post was mostly about the vision and why I decided to build this website differently. Now that the project has had some time to run, I'm starting to get a much better idea of how the site is performing in the early stages.

There haven't been any dramatic overnight results, and honestly, I wasn't expecting them.

The goal at this stage is simply to build a strong foundation and let Google gradually understand what the website is about.

More Pages Are Now Live​

One of the biggest changes since my first update is the amount of content and functionality that has been added.

The site is now significantly closer to the initial target, with more of the planned pages completed and indexed.

Rather than publishing hundreds of pages at once, I'm trying to maintain a steady development process.

Each page is being checked for its usefulness, internal links, structure, loading speed, and overall user experience before being considered finished.

This takes more time, but I think it will be worth it in the long run.

Early Search Traffic​

The most interesting part so far has been watching Google gradually discover the website.

Some pages started appearing in search results much faster than I expected, while others are taking considerably longer.

That's actually been useful because it gives me an opportunity to see which types of pages Google seems to understand more easily.

I'm not focusing too heavily on individual keyword positions yet.

At this stage, I'm more interested in seeing:

  • Which pages are getting impressions
  • Which pages are generating clicks
  • How quickly new pages are being discovered
  • Which topics are getting the most search interest
  • Whether users continue exploring the site after landing
The traffic is still small compared with where I ultimately want to take the project, but the early signals are encouraging.

I'm Paying More Attention to User Behavior​

One thing I've realized while working on the site is that ranking is only one part of the equation.

Getting someone to click from Google is useful, but what happens afterward matters just as much.

I'm therefore spending more time looking at the overall experience.

Can visitors immediately understand what the page does?

Can they find another useful page without returning to Google?

Is the main tool or resource easy to use?

Does the page load quickly enough?

These are simple questions, but they become increasingly important as the site grows.

Internal Linking Is Becoming More Important​

As more pages are added, I'm starting to see how important the site's internal structure is going to be.

I don't want the website to become a collection of disconnected pages.

Every new page should have a logical relationship with other pages on the site.

I'm gradually building connections between related topics and making sure important pages receive enough internal links.

This should make the website easier for visitors to navigate while also helping search engines understand the relationship between different sections.

I'm Still Avoiding Aggressive Link Building​

I haven't changed my original opinion about backlinks.

I'd rather spend time earning or acquiring a few genuinely useful links than building a huge number of low-quality ones.

The focus remains on opportunities that can provide actual authority or referral value.

I'm also looking at whether certain pages could naturally attract links because of the information, data, or functionality they provide.

If the website is genuinely useful, I'd much rather have people reference it because they found it valuable than create links simply for the sake of increasing a backlink count.

A Few Things Didn't Go Exactly as Planned​

Not everything has been perfect.

Some pages took longer to develop than expected.

A few parts of the site needed restructuring after I saw how the initial version worked in practice.

I've also changed some internal linking and page structures after looking at the first search data.

But I'm actually happy about this.

One of the reasons I'm documenting the project is to see what happens when decisions are based on real data instead of assumptions made before launch.

The website doesn't need to be perfect on day one.

It needs to keep getting better.

What I'm Learning So Far​

The biggest lesson from this stage is that building a large SEO website is much more of a marathon than a publishing exercise.

It's tempting to look at established websites and think about the amount of traffic they receive.

But those websites have usually had years to build their content, authority, links, brand recognition, and user base.

A new domain doesn't have any of that.

So for now, I'm concentrating on things I can actually control:

Build useful pages.

Improve the product.

Make the site technically solid.

Create a strong internal structure.

Keep publishing consistently.

Study the data and adjust when necessary.


What's Next​

The next major milestone is to push the website much closer to full completion.

I'd like to continue expanding the remaining sections while improving the pages that are already receiving impressions.

I'm also planning to increase the site's authority through a handful of stronger backlink opportunities rather than trying to build links at scale.

The next few months should be particularly interesting because there will be enough data to identify which areas of the website have the greatest potential.

For now, I'm still keeping the niche and exact numbers private.

Once the project reaches a more meaningful stage, I'll share more detailed statistics and lessons from the process.

The ultimate goal hasn't changed.

I'm still aiming to build a genuinely useful website that can attract millions of visitors and eventually become a substantial display-advertising business.

It's still very early, but now the real work has started.
 
Back
Top