Joined
Jul 2, 2026
Messages
4
Reaction score
37
Hi everyone,

I’m thinking about selling one of my websites and would like to get some opinions from people who have experience with site flipping and online business valuations.

The website is an online store targeting the Telegram market, mainly selling Premium, Stars, and Virtual Numbers.

The business is 100% crypto-based, which has been useful because I don’t have to deal with PayPal chargebacks or some of the usual payment-gateway problems.

Last 12 Months​

  • Gross Revenue: ~$68,400
  • Net Profit: ~$12,600
  • Traffic: Mostly organic
  • Payments: 100% Crypto
The site is still generating sales, but I’m considering selling it because I want to focus more on my offline business.

I’m mainly trying to understand what kind of valuation would be realistic.

Would something around 25–30× monthly net profit make sense for a business like this, or would the crypto-only payment model affect the multiple significantly?

For anyone who has bought or sold similar websites:

What multiple would you personally look at, and which factors would you check before deciding on a valuation?
 
I’d look at the profit first rather than revenue. $12.6k annual net profit is roughly $1,050 per month, so 25–30x monthly profit would put the valuation around $26k–$31.5k. The crypto-only model would definitely make me look more closely at risk.
 
The organic traffic is probably one of the strongest points here. If the traffic and revenue are stable for the last 12 months, that gives a buyer something to work with. I’d want to see monthly profit, traffic sources, customer retention, and how dependent the business is on Telegram before putting a multiple on it.
 
After working on several websites, I've noticed a pattern. The projects that succeeded weren't necessarily the ones with the shortest domains, the oldest domains, or the most keyword-rich names. They were the projects where the owner consistently kept improving the website and giving people a reason to come back.

I remember one project where I spent nearly a week choosing between different domain names. I thought that decision was going to determine everything. In reality, once the website was live, the domain became just one small part of the bigger picture.

Now my process is much simpler. I want something easy to pronounce, easy to spell, memorable, and flexible enough to survive changes in the business. If it's a previously owned domain, I'll investigate the history and backlink profile properly.

After that, I register it and move on.

Because eventually, you have to stop choosing the foundation and actually start building the house. 😄
 
The first online business I looked at buying had excellent revenue, but the owner couldn't explain why sales jumped during certain months. That made me nervous because I couldn't tell whether the growth was repeatable. If your sales are predictable, explain what drives them.
 
Back
Top