Joined
Jul 2, 2026
Messages
5
Reaction score
45
The interesting part is that the old business still has a 4.6 Trustpilot rating and 100+ reviews. I'm trying to understand whether that reputation has any legitimate value if the domain is acquired and used for a new business, or whether Trustpilot would require the profile to remain tied to the original business/brand.
 
Hey, that’s actually the key question. A 4.6 rating has value, but I’d want to confirm with Trustpilot whether the profile can legitimately carry over to a completely different brand.
 
This is interesting because the reviews belong to the original customer experiences, not the domain itself. I’d be cautious about assuming those 100+ reviews automatically transfer their reputation to a new business.
 
Hi, I’d definitely check Trustpilot’s position before valuing the domain based on those reviews. The distinction between a takeover/rebrand and an entirely new business seems important here.
 
The 100+ reviews are certainly an asset, but only if Trustpilot considers the new operation a legitimate continuation of the old business. Otherwise, the rating may not mean much for the new brand.
 
Hey, I think the acquisition structure matters a lot here. If it’s genuinely a continuation or takeover, there may be a path forward, but a completely unrelated business could be a different situation.
 
I’d be careful with this one. Trustpilot says profiles and reviews can remain after an ownership change, but the profile information still needs to accurately represent the current business.
 
Hai, that rating definitely makes the domain more interesting. I’d contact Trustpilot directly and explain the exact acquisition scenario before treating the reviews as an asset.
 
The reviews themselves are user-generated and belong to the reviewers, so I wouldn’t view them as something that can simply be “transferred” like domain authority.
 
Hi, I think there’s a legitimate distinction between buying an existing business and buying an old domain purely for its reputation. Trustpilot’s treatment could be very different in those two situations.
 
That 4.6 score would definitely catch my attention, but I’d want written confirmation from Trustpilot before making the purchase decision around it.
 
Hey, worth investigating for sure. Trustpilot specifically allows profile changes in situations like rebranding, mergers, and some ownership changes, but the new business information must remain accurate and not misleading.
 
I’d probably value the domain separately from the Trustpilot profile. The domain may have SEO/history value, while the review profile has its own rules and requirements.
 
The interesting question is whether the new company is considered a continuation of the old business or effectively a completely different business. That distinction could determine whether the existing reputation remains useful.
 
I’d be interested to see whether the seller is transferring the actual operating business or only the domain/assets. That distinction could make a huge difference here.
 
Hey, I’d definitely dig into this before moving forward. There may be value in the existing Trustpilot history, but I wouldn’t assume the 4.6 score can simply be carried over to an unrelated new business.
 
Hey, I’d be careful about treating those reviews as automatically transferable. The key is whether Trustpilot sees the new business as a genuine continuation of the original one.
 
Back
Top