I think many people underestimate how much sender reputation influences deliverability. Technical configuration is important, but long-term recipient engagement usually has an even greater impact.
 
Thanks for bringing this topic up. Email deliverability has become much more complex than it was several years ago, and discussions like this help everyone stay informed about changing mailbox provider expectations.
 
I'd recommend reviewing your authentication records alongside your reputation metrics. Even if everything appears to be configured correctly, alignment issues can sometimes reduce mailbox provider confidence.
 
If your campaigns are permission-based, focusing on your most engaged subscribers for a while may help strengthen your sender reputation before gradually expanding back to your full mailing list.
 
One thing I've learned through experience is that solving deliverability problems usually requires patience. There often isn't a quick fix, but consistent improvements in list quality and sending practices tend to produce results over time.
 
Have you noticed whether open rates or click rates changed before these errors started appearing? Sometimes declining engagement provides the earliest indication that mailbox providers are beginning to reduce trust.
 
I appreciate that you're asking for advice instead of immediately changing your entire infrastructure. Understanding the underlying cause is usually much more effective than replacing software or servers without clear evidence.
 
Deliverability problems are rarely caused by a single factor. In my experience, they're usually the result of several small issues combining together, which is why reviewing your entire sending process is so important.
 
Yahoo and AOL seem to place increasing emphasis on recipient satisfaction. If subscribers aren't interacting positively with campaigns, mailbox providers may gradually reduce inbox placement regardless of the sending platform being used.
 
I've spent several years working with email campaigns, and one thing I've learned is that consistent monitoring makes a huge difference. Keeping track of authentication, reputation, engagement, and list quality together provides a much clearer picture than looking at any one metric individually.
 
I know how frustrating these situations can be, especially when everything appears to be configured correctly and performance suddenly changes. If it were my campaign, I'd work through the process step by step: review authentication, check sender reputation, analyze bounce logs, compare historical performance, evaluate recipient engagement, and make gradual improvements rather than large changes all at once. That systematic approach has helped me resolve several deliverability challenges over the years
 
I've dealt with Yahoo deliverability before, and it can be frustrating because everything may appear to be configured correctly while inbox placement suddenly drops. I'd be interested to know if anyone has identified a consistent pattern behind those error codes.
 
Thanks for bringing this up. Deliverability discussions are always valuable because every mailbox provider seems to have its own requirements. Hopefully someone who's seen these exact errors can explain what they found.
 
I don't have direct experience with TSS04 or TSS09, but I've learned that Yahoo is much less forgiving than it used to be. Even small changes in sender reputation can have a noticeable impact.
 
Have you reviewed your recipient engagement over the past few months? Sometimes performance starts declining gradually before mailbox providers begin returning delivery-related errors.
 
I've always believed that email deliverability is a combination of technical setup and recipient behavior. Focusing on only one side usually doesn't solve the entire problem.
 
It would be helpful to know whether these errors appeared suddenly or gradually increased over time. That timeline might provide some clues about what's happening.
 
I experienced something similar after expanding one of my mailing lists. Once I removed inactive contacts and focused on engaged subscribers, things slowly started improving again.
 
Yahoo has become one of the providers I monitor most closely because their filtering seems to change more frequently than others. Staying on top of engagement metrics has helped me avoid bigger problems.
 
I appreciate you asking this question because I think many email marketers eventually face deliverability challenges. Sharing experiences helps everyone understand what works in practice.
 
Back
Top