I’d definitely ask about business continuity. What happens if their banking partner changes, a particular payment method becomes unavailable, or there’s a temporary compliance review? Having a backup plan is probably just as important as choosing the primary provider.
 
Your point about not rushing is probably the best advice here. Payments are one of those areas where a quick decision can create a lot of headaches later. I’d rather spend an extra few weeks doing proper due diligence than change providers after launch.
 
I’d also check exactly which countries they support rather than assuming regional coverage means every country in Southeast Asia. Licensing, payment methods, settlement currencies, and onboarding requirements can vary quite a bit from one market to another.
 
Another thing I’d ask about is reporting. Good transaction-level reporting can save a lot of time for reconciliation and accounting. It’s easy to overlook during the sales conversation, but you’ll appreciate having detailed reports once transaction volume starts increasing.
 
I once worked with a provider that looked excellent during the sales process. The fees were competitive and onboarding was quick, but support became difficult once we were live. That experience taught me to evaluate the operational side just as seriously as pricing.
 
Back
Top