Don't underestimate email marketing. Website visitors can become subscribers that you can reach again later.
 
There isn't a universal answer. The better option is simply the one that helps you earn more and build a stronger business over the long term.
 
If I had to choose, I'd probably go with website traffic because it's something you own. You can change your layout, add affiliate offers, collect email subscribers, and monetize visitors in different ways without depending on another platform.
 
YouTube views are valuable, but only if those viewers stay engaged. I'd rather have 5,000 people watching most of the video than 20,000 people leaving after a few seconds.
 
The answer really depends on your business model. If you're earning from affiliate marketing, website visitors often convert better than video views.
 
I'd compare the revenue generated from both over the same period. Sometimes fewer website visitors can produce much better income than a larger number of YouTube views.
 
One advantage of YouTube is that your videos can continue getting recommended for months or even years. That makes it a strong platform for long-term audience growth.
 
If your website has good SEO, I'd keep investing in it. Organic search traffic usually consists of people who are already looking for the information you provide.
 
Personally, I wouldn't choose one over the other. I'd upload every video to YouTube and then use my website to support it with additional content and links.
 
Website visitors usually have more opportunities to interact with your business. They can read articles, check other pages, subscribe to newsletters, or click affiliate links.
 
Back
Top