I think you should launch a simple landing page first and see if people actually sign up before spending months building more features.
 
I think there's definitely a market for this. A lot of solo founders just want to get into the app stores without learning mobile development, so your idea solves a real problem.
 
I'd consider paying for something like this if the setup was smooth and the app actually felt native. Saving weeks of development is worth a couple hundred dollars.
 
The pricing sounds fair to me, especially if updates and maintenance are included. Time is more valuable than the setup cost for most founders.
 
Push notifications and Apple Pay integration are already strong selling points. I'd also like support for deep links and in-app reviews.
 
I think you're targeting the right audience. Solo developers and small startups usually don't have the budget to build three separate apps.
 
Personally, I'd rather pay a one-time setup fee than spend months maintaining native apps. Your pricing seems reasonable.
 
I'd definitely include analytics integration if it isn't already there. Most SaaS founders want to track mobile users from day one.
 
Your biggest challenge won't be building the product—it's convincing people that a webview app can still provide a great user experience.
 
I like that you're solving a problem you've experienced yourself. Those products often end up being the most useful because they're built from real needs.
 
I'm a solo developer building and running my own SaaS, and I've run into the same problem I think a lot of small teams face.

These days, having a website alone doesn't really cut it. A huge chunk of users are on mobile, so people expect an iPhone app and an Android app too. For someone working alone, keeping a website plus two separate apps up to date is a lot of extra work.

To solve that for myself, I built a native webview app for both iOS and Android. It's essentially my website wrapped inside a properly designed mobile app, so it feels much more like a real native app than just opening a browser.

I also added a few things that made it much more useful:
  • Google Pay and Apple Pay integration
  • Push notifications
  • Store-ready setup for both Google Play and the App Store
  • A mobile experience that feels much cleaner than using the website directly
I know webviews aren't a new idea, and there are already tools that do something similar. But after using this myself, I honestly think they're underrated. For a lot of SaaS products, they're a practical way to get into the app stores without maintaining three different codebases.

Now I'm thinking about turning what I built into a product for other founders.

My initial idea is around $200 for the setup, then roughly $40 per year to cover things like messaging infrastructure and ongoing maintenance.

I'm interested in getting some honest feedback.
  • Is this something you would find useful?
  • Would you pay for it if you were running a SaaS?
  • Does the pricing sound reasonable?
  • Is there anything you'd want included before you'd consider buying it?
I'd really appreciate any thoughts or criticism. Thanks!
seems interesting
 
Back
Top